Campos Guarus campus was created through a governmental act of the Law n. 11195, from November 18, 2005, and authorized to operate through the Ministerial Order n. 1971, from December 18, 2006, through the Expansion Program of the Federal Network of Professional and Technological Education. The campus is built on an area of 20,000 square meters, and 16,417 square meters of urbanized area donated by the 56th Army Infantry Battalion.
The campus currently offers technical courses in Electronics, Nursing, Pharmacy, Electromechanics and Environment, as well as the Youth and Adult Education Program, aimed at those who are over 18 and have not graduated from high school yet.
The campus also offers a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering and a degree in Music with a major in Music Education. About 1500 students and 100 workers are part of Campos Guarus campus.